No matter how well you execute your sales process, if you can’t book meetings with your potential customers, you’re dead in the water. You need to be able to book a meeting and get to talk to a prospect. Motivating prospects is one of the most important things you have to do as a salesperson. If you don't have a good pitch, they're not going to book more meetings with you. And if they're not booking more meetings with you, then it's really hard to get them to buy your product or service.
In our previous article, we spoke about 13 Common Types of Meetings Our Customers Do, in this article, we discuss about proactive strategies to get your sales prospects to book more meetings with you.
Before we jump into that what is a proactive strategy? A proactive strategy is a term used in marketing and business management, where it is an approach to dealing with competition, based on the idea that the best way to succeed in business is not always necessarily to beat your competitor but to find ways of doing business that they cannot, or will not do. The proactive approach involves looking for opportunities and threats in new places, and also trying to find ways of doing things better than your competitors.
So, how do you get your sales prospects to book more meetings, let’s dive deep right in:
1. Research your prospects and plan proactive strategies - You need to know who you’re talking to when you’re reaching out to them. You just cannot use the generic mass outreach because that’s a passe, and yes we said it! In order to have a successful meeting, you need to have a potential lead that is interested in your product or service. Once you've identified your prospect, you should make sure that your pitch is really good. You want it to be relevant and personalized for the person that you're pitching. You also want them to understand how your product or service will help their business and what they stand to gain from buying it.
2. Send personalized messages - Gone are the days when mass emailing and cold calling were a thing! Today, you have no choice but to send customized emails to your leads with relevant offers. Writing emails to prospects is a great way to initiate relationship building. You can establish yourself as a leader in your industry and become a trusted source for your prospects. It's also important for salespersons not only to talk about how great their product is but also talk about what the prospect stands to gain from using it too! If you want, include some information about yourself and your company at the end of the email so they know who they are talking to before booking a meeting with you.
3. Make it easy to book meetings with you - You need a really solid online scheduler that can integrate with your existing Calendar to show the available slots. And one that has features like sending them notifications, allowing group bookings, automating redundant tasks, analytics, and other powerful integrations with the business tools that the prospects use. Provide them with enough information about the meeting so they know what they are going to get out of it and why it is worth their time. Let them know when the meeting will take place and how they can attend it remotely if needed. In this article, we’ve covered a whole lot of reasons why you should be using an online scheduling tool.
4. Send automated response emails - We want to stay on top of our customer’s minds and we all want to do it efficiently, however, we can’t bring in efficiency with a manual process. Enter automation. There is no limit to the kind of automated emails you can draft to engage with your customers. You can create auto responder mail that says: "I look forward to chatting with you about ___________" say 30 minutes prior to the meeting to ensure there are no last minute appointment no-shows. You can send automated emails based on their behavior with the website or the actions taken or not taken. You can also send reminder emails using workflows; the opportunity to connect with your potential customer is truly limitless.
5. Build relationships with prospects - We mean it, seriously talk to them wherever they are. When it comes to sales, the most important thing you can do is to develop relationships with your prospects. You will want to establish a relationship with them that turns your prospect into a customer. The first step in building a relationship with a prospect is to get them to like and trust you. The best way to do this is through social media. Don’t just use social media as a way to advertise products and services, use it as a way to build relationships with prospects. Connect with your customers on social media, SMS, or email - use social media to create awareness and connect people who are interested in what you have to offer!
Client success grows from sales funnel and follow-up, and you should use the techniques mentioned to find out more about your potential prospects and what drives them to sign on the dotted line. In an industry where you need to constantly be in front of potential leads, it is vital to keep your meetings effective and productive.
Ready to explore our online booking app yet?
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.